Ward Conference Sustaining of Officers

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kfindlay

Ward Conference Sustaining of Officers

Post by kfindlay »

We have ward conference coming up next weekend and the sustaining of officers form in the MLS still has the old first presidency.

Are updates like these done during regular transmitt receive or do we need to wait for a roll in the software release?t
opee

Post by opee »

kc4rzw wrote:We have ward conference coming up next weekend and the sustaining of officers form in the MLS still has the old first presidency.

Are updates like these done during regular transmitt receive or do we need to wait for a roll in the software release?t

See this thread: http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=815 -- it appears that it will be ready in a few weeks. We had to edit the information on the form by hand during our conference yesterday.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

Opee is correct. This form will be available sometime in the next few weeks. Until then, just cross out the names and manually fill them in.
waltbristow

Post by waltbristow »

We had ward conference this last weekend. With the ability to print the Officers Sustained-Ward form to PDF, it's actually fairly easy to fill in the blanks, print to PDF, open the PDF, select all, copy and then paste into a word processing program. A couple minutes later the First Presidency has been adjusted, President Uchtdorf removed from the Qourum of the Twelve, etc. I even increased the font size a bit to make it easier for tired eyes to read, adjusted the line breaks so that names weren't broken between lines (makes it less likely to make mistakes reading them) and removed references to callings that weren't filled. For example, we don't have a secretary in our high priests group, have only one counselor in the Sunday School presidency, etc. The member of the high council who read the sustainings form didn't have to stumble over handwritten changes, callings that weren't filled, etc.

Walt Bristow
Lynchburg (VA) 2nd Ward Clerk
SmithGW

Sustaining Officers

Post by SmithGW »

I wouldn't go overboard on editing the Officers Sustained form. It has to be included in the Annual History. Updating the First Presidency and the Twelve is one thing, but I wouldn't go any further than that. As others have indicated, the new forms will be out in MLS very soon.
aebrown
Community Administrator

MLS 2.8b7 has updated Officers Sustained form

Post by aebrown »

smithgw wrote:I wouldn't go overboard on editing the Officers Sustained form. It has to be included in the Annual History. Updating the First Presidency and the Twelve is one thing, but I wouldn't go any further than that. As others have indicated, the new forms will be out in MLS very soon.

The latest beta of MLS 2.8 (2.8b7) has the updated Officers Sustained form with the new First Presidency and Twelve. So those stakes that are beta testing MLS 2.8 already have the current list of General Authorities, and whenever MLS 2.8 is released generally, everyone will have it.

MLS 2.8b7 seems to have the form available for English, German, French, and Italian, but the other translations for the two new paragraphs are lagging. But I assume that they will be available for the general release.
unixguy

Post by unixguy »

I was going to print out a replacement section on the form and then just tape it over the printed out section. I'd like to keep the font the same though-- does anybody know what font is used on this form?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

unixguy wrote:I was going to print out a replacement section on the form and then just tape it over the printed out section. I'd like to keep the font the same though-- does anybody know what font is used on this form?

It appears to be Helvetica, according to the PDF generated.

However, if your ward conference is not this Sunday, I'd advise waiting -- I would guess there's a reasonable chance MLS 2.8 will be released before March 9, in which case you would be able to let MLS generate the correct form.
unixguy

Post by unixguy »

Thanks! My computer apparently doesn't have helvetica, but a google search indicates that arial might be a close enough replacement.

My second option if I couldn't find the font was to download 2.8 just so I could print this form-- Ward Conference is this Sunday, so really needed to get it done this week. :)
wasatchpowder-p40

Post by wasatchpowder-p40 »

I just printed out the sustainings, scanned the document into Word, made the corrections manually and reprinted. Easy.

Dave

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”