Church Logo: Use and Protection

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

macsense wrote:The logotype is also available electronically on a 3.5" pc-formatted disk
Hmmmmmm, what do you do if you don't have a 3.5" drive anymore? I guess I could take it to the clerks office and move it to a thumb drive.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

One of you received from a Church department the 3.5 disquette or the files? I don't believe if it is available in Portuguese... :-( BUAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Sorry!
ajerome-p40

Post by ajerome-p40 »

ajerome wrote:If I may also chime in on the idea of a Church Trademark Use Handbook...

I wish I could recall better a (GA) talk given a couple years ago that encouraged members to place links on their web pages to the official Church sites. Since I cannot site this talk exactly, I'll just say that I took it to heart.

I maintain several web sites and, where appropriate, I do my best to recommend (or even blind-link) various of the Official Church web sites. The best example is www.pseudepigrapha.com, which provides blind links to the Churches great scripture pages.

(The idea is not to classify the scriptures as pseudepigrapha, but to introduce my visitors to the Church site where there might be an interest in the Book of Mormon, D&C, PofGP, and answer questions about religion and God in general from my LDS perspective such as defining the terms "pseudepigrapha" and "Apocrypha").

The blind-links to the Official Church web pages are not a problem for me (and I assume that they are not a problem for the Church).

However, I also have a named link to www.lds.org. This link (instead of a well-designed, identifiable, graphic), is displayed on my page as the bulky text "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints". Bulky, as not to pretend to try to mimic the official Church logo.

I wish the Church would find a way to allow me to use some sort of recognizable "Church authorized" graphic I can use instead of my bulky text approach.

Perhaps the Church could come up with graphic/logo specific to this need, and a handbook (and/or agreement) which specifies how the logo may be used?

Best wishes;
-Adam Jerome
Has there been any movement by the Church to supply a graphic that may be used to indicate linkage to the official church site(s)?
RyanLDS-p40

here ya go

Post by RyanLDS-p40 »

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Official Logo)

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/971/ ... bigor1.jpg

3842 x 1176 pixels

I had a hard time finding this logo also and I remembered running across this forum in my search. I thought id do a nice thing and make this available to others who are making church publications. Please use it with good intentions! If someone needs it larger than the size I provided, I can help there too....

I should get points for this... you all know how hard it was to acquire.

-R
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

RyanLDS wrote:The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Official Logo)

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/971/ ... bigor1.jpg

3842 x 1176 pixels

I had a hard time finding this logo also and I remembered running across this forum in my search. I thought id do a nice thing and make this available to others who are making church publications. Please use it with good intentions! If someone needs it larger than the size I provided, I can help there too....

I should get points for this... you all know how hard it was to acquire.

-R

How you achieve this logo (in this size)??? Can you receive access to it in another languages?

Thanks!!!
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

I'm getting the official word about the usage of Church Logo. Please stay tuned.

Tom
WelchTC

Use of Church Logo Restrictions

Post by WelchTC »

I've received the following from Church Correlation regarding the use of the Church Logo:
To protect the Church's trademark rights, all use of the Church logo needs to be authorized by the Correlation Intellectual Property Division. Generally speaking, use of the Church logo is being restricted to official Church programs and materials. However, we would be glad to consider requests from individuals. Such requests should be sent to cor-intellectualproperty@ldschurch.org.
So if you want to use the logo, please contact the CHurch.

Regards,

Tom
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Is needed to send a layout of the material produced to Church Correlation, Tom?

Thanks.
richmanll
Church Employee
Church Employee

Official Response on the Use of the Church Logo

Post by richmanll »

tomw wrote:I've received the following from Church Correlation regarding the use of the Church Logo:

To save you all from having or order the document Church Name and Logotype Guidelines for Local Units (item 35654), let me summarize it below:

The official Church logo is used on materials produced for wards, stakes, missions, etc. by Church headquarters, such as stationery and missionary name tags. It may also be used on publications and materials the unit officially sponsors, such as sacrament meeting programs. However, that decision is currently being revisited and may be reversed. When the logo is used, you must use the official logo and not try to mimimic it by placing it in 3 lines or in all CAPS.

In most cases, the name of the Church can be used instead of the logotype in locally produced materials. Even then, it should only be used in cases where the associated activity or function is officially sponsored by the local unit, and in such cases, the name of the local unit must be used in conjunction with the name of the Church. For example, Canyon Estates Ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Larry Richman,
Director of Publications and Media Project Office
www.ldsWebguy.com
RyanLDS-p40

Post by RyanLDS-p40 »

MorettiDP wrote:How you achieve this logo (in this size)??? Can you receive access to it in another languages?

Thanks!!!

I assume you are looking for the "A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos Ultimos Dias" logo? I posted it for you here :

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4742 ... zilxg5.jpg

Hope that helps!

Return to “Other Member Technologies”