Tithing Settlement - Its That time of year

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
cdawardclerk-p40

Post by cdawardclerk-p40 »

Does the tithing Declaration need to be filled out after all interviews or can it be filled out as the interviews are completed by the Bishop? (i.e. can it be filled out incrementally and saved?) Thank you.

cdawardclerk
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

cdawardclerk wrote:Does the tithing Declaration need to be filled out after all interviews or can it be filled out as the interviews are completed by the Bishop? (i.e. can it be filled out incrementally and saved?) Thank you.

cdawardclerk
Here's the official statement regarding the annual tithing declaration report.
Click HERE.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Welcome to the forum, cdawardclerk! As the link Techgy pointed out, it can be done either during or after, and yes, MLS can save a partial version to be completed later.

Another great source of information are the training videos found on THIS page. For this question, under "Keeping Financial Records", click on "Tithing Settlement".

Mike
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cdawardclerk-p40

Thank you very much! This answers my question and then some. This is my second year doing this...last year as Finance Clerk I printed and handed out IOSs and Tithing statements but the Ward Clerk did the Tithing Declaration with the Bishop. This year my new calling is ward clerk and I will be expected to administer and complete the Tithing Declaration so I appreciate the help. Thanks.

cdawardclerk
cdawardclerk-p40

Yes, the training videos are a great help and I review them every few months. Thanks.
kisaac
Community Moderators

could you post "sample" letters?

Post by kisaac »

Mikerowaved wrote:...Included are one of two letters from the Bishop, depending on whether they made any contributions or not. They are similar letters, just worded slightly different. Both letters invite the member to participate in tithing settlement and have brief instructions on how to register to use the LUWS.

The advantage of this is 100% of the membership will get some kind of an envelope (avoiding undo embarrassment) and can all review their IOS. We distribute as many as we can by hand before Sacrament Meeting and between other meetings, then mail the rest.
Could you post copies of these letters, removing any personal references or details, of course, for us who would like do do something similar?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

kisaac wrote:Could you post copies of these letters, removing any personal references or details, of course, for us who would like do do something similar?
No problem. Here are some sanitized versions. Note, the document was created to mail-merge the full names, preferred names, and addresses from an exported ward list.
Attachments
Donor Sample Letter.pdf
(60.21 KiB) Downloaded 678 times
Non-Donor Sample Letter.pdf
(59.13 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Mikerowaved wrote:No problem. Here are some sanitized versions. Note, the document was created to mail-merge the full names, preferred names, and addresses from an exported ward list.
Thank you!
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

can I just say that as a bishop - having a fully functional clerk & exec sec is the only way it can be truly effective. If not - you're left, like me - trying to encourage as many as possible to sign up, but knowing deep down that I'll be declaring a large number of people myself, as they haven't presented themselves for declaration.

I think it's a bit unfair to declare any non attendees as non-full tithe payers - however tempting…
jwnice

No list fot Tithing Settlement allowed

Post by jwnice »

Mikerowaved wrote:No problem. Here are some sanitized versions. Note, the document was created to mail-merge the full names, preferred names, and addresses from an exported ward list.

Your only problem with the letter is that you are no longer allowed to "post a list" for members to sign up for Tithing Settlement.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”