2010 Lesson Schedules

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kisaac wrote:I read the stake can now set up the 2010 RS & Priesthood lessons. When can the ward administrators set up the LUWS ward schedule for gospel doctrine 2010 lessons?
The 2010 Gospel Doctrine course of study is the Old Testament; teachers will use the Old Testament Gospel Doctrine Teacher’s Manual (35570). However, the 2010 lesson schedule for Gospel Doctrine cannot be entered in LUWS at this time. I assume that it is being worked on and will be available "soon."
NoAccount-p40

Gospel essentials course

Post by NoAccount-p40 »

Perhaps this is the wrong thread to post this question in, but if Priesthood and RS are using gospel principles for their course material, what will gospel principles use for its course material? Are attendees to that course going to get a double dose?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

NoAccount wrote:Perhaps this is the wrong thread to post this question in, but if Priesthood and RS are using gospel principles for their course material, what will gospel principles use for its course material? Are attendees to that course going to get a double dose?
The Gospel Principles Sunday School page on lds.org still says that the lesson manual will be the Gospel Principles manual, so I guess they will get a double dose. Of course the lessons will not be synchronized between Sunday School and Priesthood/RS, and different teachers teach entirely differently, so hopefully it will reinforce the lessons taught.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

NoAccount wrote:Perhaps this is the wrong thread to post this question in, but if Priesthood and RS are using gospel principles for their course material, what will gospel principles use for its course material? Are attendees to that course going to get a double dose?
As Alan has pointed out, yes, they will get a double dose. Even so, assuming that the Gospel Principles class is at the beginning of the manual in January, the Sunday School class will move ahead twice a fast as the priesthood/RS classes. Within a few weeks, no one will remember much more than "yes, I think I have heard this before, but I wonder where?" [grin]
ShirtsDre

2010 Gospel Doctrine lessons now available on LUWS

Post by ShirtsDre »

kisaac wrote:I read the stake can now set up the 2010 RS & Priesthood lessons. When can the ward administrators set up the LUWS ward schedule for gospel doctrine 2010 lessons?
The 2010 Gospel Doctrine lessons are now available on LUWS. The 2011 Priesthood and Relief Society lessons will become available the first week of January 2010.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
pace1959

Gospel Principles 2009 from the LDS web site

Post by pace1959 »

This is from the LDS website
Attachments
GP_2010__00_00_CompleteManual__eng_.pdf
(2.53 MiB) Downloaded 987 times
Oleo1975-p40

New Lesson for 2010

Post by Oleo1975-p40 »

Does anyone have a format that can be handed out to stake members? i.e. printed off?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

BillyBoJimBob wrote:The 2010 Gospel Doctrine lessons are now available on LUWS. The 2011 Priesthood and Relief Society lessons will become available the first week of January 2010.
When the 2010 lesson schedule is selected through the administrator options page all the dates of the lessons appear with "none selected" for the lesson title.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:When the 2010 lesson schedule is selected through the administrator options page all the dates of the lessons appear with "none selected" for the lesson title.
Yes, that's the default. It's up to the administrator to select the lesson for the appropriate date - or did I miss the question?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:Yes, that's the default. It's up to the administrator to select the lesson for the appropriate date - or did I miss the question?
In the past the complete lesson schedule for the year's leasons was provided to include lesson titles. When that was done there are links to the lds.org lesson. When the administrator makes changes, or in this case populates the entire schedule, then those links are lost. Or is that only the Priesthood and Relief Society lesson schedule that is done that way? I can't remember.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”