2010 Lesson Schedules

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

crislapi wrote:I don't know why, but I find this kind of funny. We've already received the books, so what needs to be approved? Seems like it's already taken care of!
The Church is careful about posting information on official sites, which I appreciate. The links have to be created, the titles have to be approved (for example, is there a separate lesson for the introduction?), and it all has to be tested before it is released. If the Church were careless with this process, it could be that many of us would enter our 2010 lesson schedules, only to find we had to redo work because the Church had to fix something. It's much better to make sure they get it right the first time.
crislapi wrote:Seriously though, out of curiousity, when can we start setting the lesson schedules for next year? As soon as you get them posted or do we have to wait until January?
What DJC is talking about is the posting of the lessons to LUWS. When that is done, stake administrators will be able to set lesson schedules for Priesthood & Relief Society. It will be well before January.
crislapi wrote:Do more rows show up at the bottom of 2009 or will it be a separate tab?
When 2010 schedules get posted, there will be a separate link on the stake admin Lesson Schedules page that will take you to 2010 lessons so that you can set them up.
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

Alan_Brown wrote:The 2009 Gospel Principles Manual has now been posted in the Gospel Library at lds.org.
I notice that the title to Chapter 1 has been changed from the previous edition, but that the table of contents and the previous chapter link at the bottom of chapter 2, are still using the former title.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

DJC wrote:I am waiting for final lesson approval and will get them posted to the LUWS as soon as I get final approval.
You might want to note post #22 in this thread. Cottrells is correct. There are two links that need to be fixed. Hopefully, they will be correct in the LUWS drop down when those finally become available.

Perhaps you might let the right person know on Monday when you are back at work. [grin]
ShirtsDre

NOW Available: 2010 Lessons for RS & Priesthood

Post by ShirtsDre »

The 2010 Lessons for Relief Society & Priesthood are now available on the stake admin site.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

BillyBoJimBob wrote:The 2010 Lessons for Relief Society & Priesthood are now available on the stake admin site.
Thanks for letting us know. It's good to be able to enter these lessons.

One picky question: I notice that lessons 1-24 out of 47 are included in the 2010 lesson schedule. Our stake had planned to just do 1-23 this year, and 24-47 next year. Will lesson 24 be available on the list of lessons for 2011?
ShirtsDre

Post by ShirtsDre »

Alan_Brown wrote:Thanks for letting us know. It's good to be able to enter these lessons.

One picky question: I notice that lessons 1-24 out of 47 are included in the 2010 lesson schedule. Our stake had planned to just do 1-23 this year, and 24-47 next year. Will lesson 24 be available on the list of lessons for 2011?
I will find out. 2011 lessons should be added no later than this Wednesday.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

BillyBoJimBob wrote:The 2010 Lessons for Relief Society & Priesthood are now available on the stake admin site.
One minor problem, and a somewhat larger problem:
  1. The title for chapter 1 (as has been pointed out earlier in this thread) is inconsistent. In the lesson schedule, it says "Our Father in Heaven", but in the actual text of the manual, it says "Our Heavenly Father" (but the subtitle on the page for the manual still says "Our Father in Heaven"). This was a change in the 2009 edition that apparently wasn't made everywhere.
  2. Once you have set up the schedules, when a ward member follows the link for lesson 23, it incorrectly goes to lesson 22. All the other links are correct.
ShirtsDre

Post by ShirtsDre »

Alan_Brown wrote:One minor problem, and a somewhat larger problem:
  1. The title for chapter 1 (as has been pointed out earlier in this thread) is inconsistent. In the lesson schedule, it says "Our Father in Heaven", but in the actual text of the manual, it says "Our Heavenly Father" (but the subtitle on the page for the manual still says "Our Father in Heaven"). This was a change in the 2009 edition that apparently wasn't made everywhere.
  2. Once you have set up the schedules, when a ward member follows the link for lesson 23, it incorrectly goes to lesson 22. All the other links are correct.
I have updated the title for chapter 1 to reflect "Our Heavenly Father". Lessons 22 and 23 should go to the correct URLs now.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

BillyBoJimBob wrote:I have updated the title for chapter 1 to reflect "Our Heavenly Father". Lessons 22 and 23 should go to the correct URLs now.
Wow, that was quick. Thanks for the prompt response. Indeed the Lesson 23 link works properly, and the Lesson 1 title is correct (if you already have set up that lesson, you do have to select Lesson 1 again for the appropriate week in order for the new title to show up).

The subtitle on the actual content for Lesson 1 still has the wrong title, but I imagine that's another Church department that would have to fix the content.
kisaac
Community Moderators

2010 gospel doctrine lessons available on LUWS?

Post by kisaac »

I read the stake can now set up the 2010 RS & Priesthood lessons. When can the ward administrators set up the LUWS ward schedule for gospel doctrine 2010 lessons?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”