CDOL Access for assistant stake clerks

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
opee

Post by opee »

...And if you once had access because of a calling, get released, and then try to login, the system will allow you to login, but you cannot see or get any search results...

Was a letter sent to units/Bishops to make them aware of the ability for Ward Clerks to login?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

opee wrote:Was a letter sent to units/Bishops to make them aware of the ability for Ward Clerks to login?
No letter was sent to wards or stakes about any of these changes to the CDOL login. I just serendipitously happened to discover in the last week or so that I as an assistant stake clerk could login, when previously I couldn't.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Is there a restriction that you must be at a ward computer to browse to the site (perhaps it knows if you are behind a Church firewall)?

I am unable to hit the site from home. Perhaps it is just down? Or could it be some restriction that I mentioned above?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

eblood66 wrote:Actually, I just tried again and this time I got in. So it looks like ward clerks have access now. I can't say whether assistant ward clerks have access. Our membership clerk is out of town.

In another thread a church employee indicated that it's taking a while to process all the calling information coming in from units. I expect that our ward's information has been processed since last time I tried.

EDIT: I was too quick. I did get in but I don't get any results for any search. Every search returns 0 results. So maybe ward clerks don't have access. However, if that's the case it would be nice if it gave an error message rather than just not returning any results for anything.
As an assistant ward clerk, I get the same results as eblood66.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

eblood66 wrote:I just tried (I'm ward clerk) and it didn't give me access, at least not immediately. It did display a form to enter a reason why I need access and a button to Submit Request. I didn't try to make a request as I don't have an immediate need so there may still be a possibility that access can be obtained.
As the Assistant Stake Clerk - Technology I am able to logon and do searches and I receive results. It would appear that there may yet be restrictions in place at the ward level. It's also possible that the updating of the CDOL database isn't completed yet.

Perhaps someone at CHQ can respond to this question for us?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

MLS 3.0 and CDOL integration overview

Post by jonesrk »

As a developer on CDOL I thought I would give a summary of some of the MLS 3.0 and CDOL integration.

1. MLS 3.0 has gone out to a large number of units but has not yet been fully released. This release sends all positions (callings) from MLS to CDOL. All of the standard positions are being put into CDOL so that they will be available to other applications at the Church. This initial load is taking some time for CDOL to process and so you may see your units come online at different times.
  2. Who has access to CDOL? This is the list of positions currently have rights,
    • Stake
      • Stake President
      • Stake Presidency First Counselor
      • Stake Presidency Second Counselor
      • Stake Executive Secretary
      • Stake Clerk
      • Stake Assistant Clerk
      • Stake Assistant Clerk--Finance
      • Stake Assistant Clerk--Membership
      • Stake Assistant Clerk--Technology Spc
    • District
      • District President
      • District Presidency First Counselor
      • District Presidency Second Counselor
      • District Clerk
    • Ward
      • Bishop
    • Branch
      • Branch President
    • There are some discussions going on about who should be given access.
  3. As an additional note eblood66 found an interesting side effect. To simplify the efforts for Bishops and Stake presidencies to get access to CDOL we added the ability to let you log into CDOL if you had an active position in CDOL. That works well, but now with all the positions coming in from MLS that lets people log in but then they don’t have any rights granted. That is why you end up with searches that return 0 results when you feel it is incorrect. We have logged this as an issue and will make some improvements for that.
As a general note you can submit feedback from within CDOL (see the feedback link at top right of each page)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ryan jones wrote:As a developer on CDOL I thought I would give a summary of some of the MLS 3.0 and CDOL integration.
This is very helpful information. Thank you for taking the time to bring us up to date.

I might suggest that many assistant stake clerks will be happy to now have access so they can better help the stake presidency. It would be nice to somehow inform them of this new access (perhaps an MLS Message?).
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ryan jones wrote:As a developer on CDOL I thought I would give a summary of some of the MLS 3.0 and CDOL integration.
Thanks too for the information. It's good to know where things stand.

Hopefully the further discussions will result in at least one ward level clerk with access. The bishop has so many things to do I'd much rather provide him with this kind of information myself rather than making him take the time to do it. But I know there are many considerations and we may not be aware of all of them.
opee

Post by opee »

eblood66 wrote:Thanks too for the information. It's good to know where things stand.

Hopefully the further discussions will result in at least one ward level clerk with access. The bishop has so many things to do I'd much rather provide him with this kind of information myself rather than making him take the time to do it. But I know there are many considerations and we may not be aware of all of them.

I would second that...
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

opee wrote:I would second that...
Yes, our ward clerk has been asked by the Bishop to contact previous Bishops about new move-ins, just as a precaution in case the record was moved or requested before a previous ward could mark it as "contact prior leader."

I as the assistant ward clerk have no need for CDOL access at the present time.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”