Locating retention of records (Stake and Ward) form

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
mpolder-p40

Locating retention of records (Stake and Ward) form

Post by mpolder-p40 »

Hi,

Does anyone know the magic five digit code (plus three zeros) for the official Use and Retention of Records for Stakes and Wards? I've scoured ldscatalog.com with no success. Even better would be a link to an online pdf version.

thanks,
matthew
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mpolder wrote:Does anyone know the magic five digit code (plus three zeros) for the official Use and Retention of Records for Stakes and Wards? I've scoured ldscatalog.com with no success. Even better would be a link to an online pdf version.
It's 35945. I've never been able to find it online on ldscatalog.com or anywhere else. I imagine you could call Distribution Services to order it; it is sent out periodically to stakes (and I believe also to wards).
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

mpolder wrote:Does anyone know the magic five digit code (plus three zeros) for the official Use and Retention of Records for Stakes and Wards? I've scoured ldscatalog.com with no success. Even better would be a link to an online pdf version.
We were mailed a retention policy about 2 months ago. The number on this one is 06498. I have attached a pdf of it. Not perfect, but legible.
Attachments
2008 retention policy 06498.pdf
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 872 times
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

crislapi wrote:We were mailed a retention policy about 2 months ago. The number on this one is 06498. I have attached a pdf of it. Not perfect, but legible.
Thanks for the update. The one I referred to was the 2006 version, so it's good to have the current version.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

The form I uploaded is for stakes and districts. I will see if I can't locate and upload the one for wards and branches as well.
idjeeper2

Ward/Branch Retention Document

Post by idjeeper2 »

I am adding the latest Retention of Records document that I have. It is dated 5/07 but copyrighted 2008. The number is 06499.

I know this is a pretty old thread, but it was referenced in a recent thread and I thought it would be nice to update it.
Attachments
Retention.pdf
(174.76 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

This thread is old but it was referenced in another thread on 11/15/10 and I thought it would be good to update it.

I have attached the 2008 retention document for wards and branches.
Attachments
2008 retention policy 06499.pdf
(174.76 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

idjeeper wrote:I have attached the 2008 retention document for wards and branches.
It took a while, but the official current record retention documents (both ward and stake) are now posted on the wiki at Record retention. They are from 2008. They are smaller and cleaner than the scanned versions attached to posts on this thread.

During this process, I learned an interesting tidbit about Church organization. Although the record retention document deals with records that are almost all in the realm of MSR (Member and Statistical Records), the retention policy is owned by the Church History Department. I can see how that makes sense, since retention is relevant to history, but I hadn't expected that.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Reports and Forms”