Employee Spotlight: Brittany Moore

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.
McDanielCA

Employee Spotlight: Brittany Moore

Post by McDanielCA »

Question

What do you do at the Church?
Answer

I am a Recruiting Coordinator for the Information and Communications Systems Department (ICS). I support ICS recruiters in hiring exceptional candidates to work in the department.
Question

What role do you think human resources/recruiting plays in the Church organization?
Answer

Recruiting plays a pivotal role in the success of the Church as a corporation because this success depends, in large part, on the employees we find and hire. When we as recruiters are able to find the most experienced and qualified candidates to fill our positions, we are strengthening the corporation of the Church. Because we know that our teams of top performers, we can expect only the best possible output from them.
Question

What resume-writing tip would you give to your friends?
Answer

When writing or editing your resume I would suggest the following two tips:
  1. Keep it short (preferably less than two pages) and easy to read. Instead of using a skills-based format, list your work experience starting from the most recent, and describe what you did and accomplished in each position. Our hiring managers need to be able to scan your resume as quickly as possible, and in this format they are able to discern right away whether or not they think you will be a good fit for the position.
  2. Do not list your hobbies and interests. Although we think it’s wonderful that you love to garden or that you recently published your own cookbook, it’s not relevant to the position you are applying for and just takes up space in your resume. We want to know what your technical skills and abilities are. This is what will determine your possible success.
Question

How do you think human resources/recruiting is different at the Church?
Answer

First, in order to be considered for employment, you will be asked if you are a member and worthy to hold a temple recommend, which will never be asked of you in other organizations. We do this because not only is it policy, but also because our employees are privileged to work on projects that are extremely important and sometimes sacred.

You may also notice that the recruiting process can sometimes be a little slower at the Church than at other organizations, especially at the current time. Because we are currently in a hiring freeze, our internal processes have changed and take longer to complete than before. Just bear with us and know that we are doing everything we can to find the best candidates to fill our positions.
Question

How do you feel about your job?
Answer

I love my job! The team I work with is bursting with incredible people who are really dedicated to doing their best every day.
Question

What is your educational background and/or work experience?
Answer

Oddly enough this is my first experience in recruiting. I have a BFA in Art History from the University of Utah and I love research. This makes for a perfect match in recruiting because I research people, resumes, technologies, etc. It’s perfect!
Question

What or who has been an inspiration to you in your work?
Answer

Honestly the people on my team have been an inspiration to me. They all come from different backgrounds but have the most important thing in common: a commitment to do the very best they can in this life for themselves, their families, and, most important, for our Heavenly Father.
Question

What is your favorite part of working at the Church?
Answer

My favorite part of working for the Church is having the privilege of playing an active role in building the kingdom of our Heavenly Father on a daily basis. I did not have the opportunity to serve a mission, so I feel very blessed to be able to serve him this way. Earning my livelihood by helping to build the kingdom makes for the coolest employment experience ever! I would definitely recommend it.

Read more employee spotlights.

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”