Online Tech Talk Coming Soon

The latest forum news and information
brado426

Post by brado426 »

mkmurray wrote:I'm not an employee of the Church, but I think the answer is definitely "Yes!"

It will be a streamed presentation that anyone with Internet access can watch and participate in. I think the whole Tech Talk will be held in English with no official translation, but please, still feel free to participate!

mkmurray: What do you mean by "participate?" Will there be a simultaneous chat going on or will there be some way for the moderator to allow participants to speak to everyone?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Brad O. wrote:mkmurray: What do you mean by "participate?" Will there be a simultaneous chat going on or will there be some way for the moderator to allow participants to speak to everyone?
This is a quote from the orginal post that started the thread:
In addition to providing real-time interaction, this event will be archived at LDS Tech for additional viewings. We hope that this becomes the first of many global tech talks.

As this concept is still a work in progress, you have the opportunity to help the Church mold the best possible experience. We are open to everything from branding and marketing concepts (including names and logos), to format and frequency options, to future discussion topics and ideas.

At the first global tech talk, to be held on August 28th at 7:00 p.m. mountain daylight time (MDT), Joel Dehlin, Chief Information Officer for the Church, will speak in more detail about the purpose of tech talks and his vision for them. He will also answer in real time your questions on technology at the Church.
I don't know anything more than this.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

For this first tech talk there will not be a chat feature. However, you will be able to come to these forums and discuss the event while it is taking place, or after.

You will have the ability to submit questions to a moderator during the tech talk.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

telfordca wrote:You will have the ability to submit questions to a moderator during the tech talk.
Via the forum?
dobrichelovek

Facebook event?

Post by dobrichelovek »

Is it possible that you would be interested in creating this tech-talk as a facebook event that we could invite our techie LDS friends from around the world to? Unfortunately the time for this event isn't condusive to much attendance from the side of the world I would be inviting people from, but I'd like to invite them anyway. Perhaps the next one scheduled could alternate the time so that Eastern Europe could be involved also? I understand you have to make it sometime and it won't meet everyone's needs, but if they keep being moved around, or are provided in pairs, then it would be possible for more regions to make it to at least one live. Thanks.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

dobrichelovek wrote:Is it possible that you would be interested in creating this tech-talk as a facebook event that we could invite our techie LDS friends from around the world to?
Also a message could be sent to all of the LinkedIn group.
dobrichelovek wrote:Unfortunately the time for this event isn't condusive to much attendance from the side of the world I would be inviting people from, but I'd like to invite them anyway. Perhaps the next one scheduled could alternate the time so that Eastern Europe could be involved also? I understand you have to make it sometime and it won't meet everyone's needs, but if they keep being moved around, or are provided in pairs, then it would be possible for more regions to make it to at least one live. Thanks.
This doesn't solve the problem, but as a consolation prize, the streamed presentation will be recorded and archived for later viewing.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

The exact method of submitting the question isn't yet determined. I'm sorry I can't yet give you more information about that. However, I will be starting a thread in a moment to capture questions before hand. We would appreciate it if you'd post them there too. You will still be able to submit them during the tech talk.

dobrichelovek, are you interested in starting this group yourself or is this something you'd like us to do? I'm interested in it either way.

mkmurray, we're considering linkedin However, LDSConntected is not a tech specific group.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

telfordca wrote: mkmurray, we're considering linkedin However, LDSConntected is not a tech specific group.
I still think that sending something to LDSConnected is a good idea. People who are not techy will just ignore the announcement.

Tom
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

If you'd like to send an invitation to friends through Facebook, here is the link.
garysturn

Tech Talk

Post by garysturn »

Will the Tech Talk be recorded and made available so those that were not able to see it live can see the recorded version later.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct

Return to “Announcements & Policies”