Expense report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
kmalone-p40

Expense report

Post by kmalone-p40 »

Hi I am new to the Ward Clerk calling and I have a question I can't seem to find an answer for.

I cut a check for welfare and I know that MLS is supposed to allow me to print a expense report for ever check we cut in the batch. But for some reason the report did not run or ask me to print it.

I know the check is in the system because I can see the check number but I can find know way to run a report for that batch. BTW it only had one check in it.

Is there a way to print a report for back up for checks cut in the batch?

I did find one report but it shows all checks issued.

Any help would be appreciated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kmalone wrote:Hi I am new to the Ward Clerk calling and I have a question I can't seem to find an answer for.

I cut a check for welfare and I know that MLS is supposed to allow me to print a expense report for ever check we cut in the batch. But for some reason the report did not run or ask me to print it.

I know the check is in the system because I can see the check number but I can find know way to run a report for that batch. BTW it only had one check in it.

Is there a way to print a report for back up for checks cut in the batch?

I did find one report but it shows all checks issued.

Any help would be appreciated.

There is no way to print an expense batch report once you have left the screen. But I wouldn't worry about it. I personally have never quite understood what the purpose of the expense batch report is. There is an absolute requirement that each expense be approved by the bishop or stake president. But typically that is done on the form attached to the invoice or receipt. The financial audit only requires that this approval signature be recorded, and having a signature on the individual expense form is sufficient.
kmalone-p40

Post by kmalone-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote:There is no way to print an expense batch report once you have left the screen. But I wouldn't worry about it. I personally have never quite understood what the purpose of the expense batch report is. There is an absolute requirement that each expense be approved by the bishop or stake president. But typically that is done on the form attached to the invoice or receipt. The financial audit only requires that this approval signature be recorded, and having a signature on the individual expense form is sufficient.

Thank you for the response.
LR422-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LR422-p40 »

If necessary, you may verify the transmission by going to View/Update donations or View/Update expenses to verify the status shows as "Sent". You may also make your own replica of the transmission report as a Word document.

Return to “Reports and Forms”