Emergency Response Resource Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
jbh001

Emergency Response Resource Report

Post by jbh001 »

I need help with this.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

jbh001 wrote:I need help with this.
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, so here it what "this" refers to
jbh001 wrote:Related to my GPS coordinates fields request. I am looking for a way to track emergency response resources within our unit. As ward clerk I had created the attached form to collect information from members as the moved into the ward in order to request their records and also verify some of the information on the records when they arrived. Part of this was also collecting information about emergency preparedness resources we might call on in the even of a natural disaster.

Since MLS 2.7 the custom member fields have allowed me to add all these categories to MLS to generate reports from. But I cannot figure out how to generate a useful report in MLS with the custom reports module.

What I need is something like the Callings by Organization report that lists each resource (instead of organization) followed by the names of individuals with that resource (i.e. phone number, name, address, GPS coordinates).

Any ideas?
Attachments
2006.08.NewMember.doc
(84 KiB) Downloaded 846 times
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jbh001 wrote:Since MLS 2.7 the custom member fields have allowed me to add all these categories to MLS to generate reports from. But I cannot figure out how to generate a useful report in MLS with the custom reports module.

What I need is something like the Callings by Organization report that lists each resource (instead of organization) followed by the names of individuals with that resource (i.e. phone number, name, address, GPS coordinates).

Any ideas?

MLS doesn't generate that information organized in quite that way. But you could generate a custom report that contained all that information (organized by person, as MLS can easily do), export it to a spreadsheet and manipulate it there, or export it to a text file and parse it with a Perl script or some sort of application. It certainly wouldn't be trivial, but the data is all there, so it can certainly be done.
mprusse

Interactive Talent and Interest Survey

Post by mprusse »

I would like to find an interactive PDF version of the Talent and Interest Survey (33812) so it can be distributed via email or LUWS. Ward members can then fill out the form electronically and submit it with a click of a button on the form to someone's email address.

I have started adapting the Talent and Interest Survey to be interactive but it will require quite a bit of work building all of the fields, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has already done this so I don't repeat the effort unnecessarily.

Thank you.
cocampbell

Re: Interactive Talent and Interest Survey

Post by cocampbell »

mprusse wrote:I would like to find an interactive PDF version of the Talent and Interest Survey (33812) so it can be distributed via email or LUWS. Ward members can then fill out the form electronically and submit it with a click of a button on the form to someone's email address.

I have started adapting the Talent and Interest Survey to be interactive but it will require quite a bit of work building all of the fields, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has already done this so I don't repeat the effort unnecessarily.

Thank you.
Did you ever finish it? With online forms this would be breeze, but I don't have the knowledge to create it yet.

Return to “Reports and Forms”