2015 LDSTech Gospel App & Game Contest
LDSTech encourages developers of all levels and abilities to join in this contest to Create*Something*Worthy. From mazes to "where are we?" to "scripture golf", if you have an idea for a gospel or Church related software application, now is the time to make it happen!
To share contest information, feel free to download the 8.5x11 or 11x17 poster flyers and print them.
Register Here for the App & Game Contest (due July 18, 2015)
Categories and Awards
Apps and Games may be developed for Apple, Android, Windows, or online platforms in the following categories:
Awards, prizes, and recognition will be offered for each category, plus additional awards for teen, senior, and first time creators. And of course, there's the personal satisfaction you'll receive from your accomplishment!
Since the gospel is infinite, so are the possibilities for gospel-related applications and games. See the idea and wish list page for specific starter ideas (or to add ideas for apps you'd like to see).
Find ideas from existing popular apps and improve them -- "create something worthy."
What kinds of games and apps could help you, your children, your grandchildren, or others:
- have gospel-oriented fun?
- strengthen testimonies?
- develop personally?
- enjoy graphic-violence-free leisure and play time?
- serve more effectively?
- connect with gospel and Church themes rather than worldly themes?
- Help with teaching
- Help with church callings
Contest Updates. Please visit this page periodically for updates to Rules and Processes.
Registration starts now and continues until July 18, 2015
Please complete the registration form to be entered into the contest. This will allow us to know how many apps are entering the contest. It will also allow us to provide those that have entered current information about the contest.
Submissions July 19 and continue until midnight Friday, September 18, 2015.
Copies of your app must be sufficiently available for judging and for demoing.
Availability. The App must not be commercially available prior to October 10, 2014, although it may be a “significant” upgrade to a version available prior to October 10, 2014. This was the last day to submit for the 2014 Contest.
- No Church membership data is allowed.
- Appropriate Copyright and Licensing for Third Party Intellectual Property, including Church-owned or licensed property, is required.
- Do not use music which has been licensed to the Church.
- No malware or other inappropriate content is allowed.
- You must adhere to the Rights and Use Information (Updated 2/21/2012).
- The creator of the application retains ownership and will not be asked to transfer ownership to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- The App may need to include a disclaimer of ownership by or affiliation with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Please see the Disclaimer Section on the Contest FAQ.
- You are not allowed to use the Church’s name or LDSTech to endorse your application.
For additional questions, visit our FAQ page.
There is also a Forum dedicated to the contest for discussing the contest with others.
Direct all questions to
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is confidential and may contain attorney-client privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, re-transmit, disseminate, or otherwise use this information. Also, please indicate to the sender by reply e-mail that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete the copy you received. Thank you.
IRS CIRCULAR (230) DISCLOSURE: To insure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any tax advice contained in this communication, unless expressly stated otherwise, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matter(s) addressed herein.