Please join us for the next LDSTech Broadcast on Friday, June 1, from 1:30 - 2:30pm MDT. Product manager Brian Fromm will be presenting on the topic of clerk computers. Stake technology specialists, stake clerks, ward clerks, and anyone else interested in clerk computers will benefit from attending this broadcast.
In the broadcast, Brian will cover the following:
- The clerk computer lifecycle (acquisition, setup, maintenance, and disposal)
- MLS download site
- New computer management software
- New computer setup instructions
- Disposal policy
- Recommended applications
- Software compliance
- Remote access
- Direct e-mail communication with stake and district technology specialists
- Clerk content migration from the LDSTech wiki to LDS.org
How to attend
You can attend the broadcast by clicking the Watch Now button below or on the LDSTech Broadcast page during the time of the broadcast. If you live or work near Riverton, Utah, you can also come to the Riverton Office Building (ground floor, Zion room) to watch the broadcast in person.
Each broadcast is recorded, so if you miss the broadcast, you can re-watch the recording at any time. In fact, if you arrive late to the broadcast, you can rewind it and play it from the beginning (due to the “live cache” of the video player).
During the broadcast, if you want to ask a question online, you can do so through Twitter. If you don’t already have a Twitter account, you can sign up for one at Twitter.com. When you ask a question, include the hashtag #ldstech in your tweet. For more information, see Twitter and LDSTech.
Upcoming LDSTech Broadcasts
Topics for upcoming broadcasts include the following:
- July 6: LDSTech Swarm (mass test case testing) by Kevin Fitzpatrick
- August 3: Personal Video Conferencing and Webcasting by Kurt Olsen
- September 7: Meetinghouse Internet Upgrade by Paul Scherbel
For a list of previous LDSTech broadcasts, see https://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDSTech_broadcasts.